Hi guys! This week I am determined to make some yummy hearty meals for us (and you!) Mark’s mom is so cute and when we visit her to say hello, she gives us brown rice (let’s just say we have about 30 pounds now, I am not even exaggerating). So, I figured let’s take out our rice maker and make some brown rice! Mark taught me how to do it like his mom and he said I did great! We wanted something filled with spice and flavors, so I used Saffron Road-Red Curry Sauce to make this meal! I added lots of veggies, chicken and some peanuts for a crunch. SO GOOOOOOD. It is not TOO spicy, so if you want you can add some hot peppers, but it was the perfect amount of spice and comfort you want from a weekday dinner.
- Saffron Road-Red Curry Sauce (or something similar)
- Two chicken breasts
- 1 cup of fresh green beans, cut in half
- 1 large red pepper, sliced
- 1/2 yellow onion, sliced
- Brown rice, white rice or cauliflower rice
- Crushed peanuts (optional)
- Mint (optional)
- Chop up the chicken into bite sized pieces and saute with olive oil, salt and pepper in a large sauce pan on medium heat.
- After about 5 minutes, add in the green beans, peppers and onions. Saute on medium heat for another 5 minutes.
- Lower the heat to low and add in the Red Curry Sauce. Cover with a lid and simmer on low for 5 minutes.
- Prepare your bowls with brown, white or cauliflower rice.
- Top your rice with a portion of the red curry chicken and veggies. Garnish with crushed peanuts and mint.
*You can substitute any veggies or protein to your liking. Tofu would be delicious!
This is the perfect easy week night dinner. This took a total of about 20 minutes. (I made the rice in the rice cooker that morning and heated up my cauliflower rice in the microwave). I cant wait to try more of their sauces, as they brought so much flavor to the dish! Tag me on instagram if you make this dish! YUMMM.