Okay, wow. I had the craving for some meatballs but wanted to think out of the box. I asked Mark what he was feeling and he said, taco night?! So there came these chicken taco meatballs. I served them in a bowl with cheesy cauliflower rice, sauteed peppers and onions and lettuce. Ingredients are sparse right now, but when I make these again I would add guac, salsa, sour cream and cilantro. So, if you have those toppings, please try them and report back! Now lets get into the recipe.
- 1 pound of ground chicken, turkey or beef
- 1/4 cup of coconut flour
- 1/2 cup of panko
- 1/8 cup of chopped onions
- 1/2 cup of Mexican cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon of Italian herbs
- 1 tablespoon of basil
- 1/2 tablespoon of garlic powder
- Salt & pepper
- 1/2 cup of taco sauce
- Combine all ingredients except the taco sauce in a bowl.
- Form meatballs on a baking tray on top of parchment paper ( mine made 15 meatballs)
- Bake on 350 for 25 minutes and broil on hi for 2 minutes (until browned).
- Pour taco sauce over the meatballs, add more if you would like!
- Serve with cheesy cauliflower rice, lettuce, sauteed peppers & onions and your face taco bowl items.
I can’t wait to hear what you think, this is a must try for a week night dinner. Tag me on instagram to show me your chicken taco meatballs! Oh and don’t forget to add guac if you have it! Enjoy.