It hit 5:00pm last night and I realized I totally did not think about dinner yet. We had chicken nuggets the night before, sooooo I kinda wanted to make something a little more nutritious. I had ground chuck defrosting and asparagus staring at me in the fridge, so I took it out and and threw some things together and here came this recipe. It’s spicy, flavorful and the peanuts give it a great crunch at the end. This meal took about 15 minutes to make and was devoured in 4 minutes tops. It’s great for a week night dinner or for a meal prep! Let’s get into how you make it.
- 1 lb of ground chuck (can use turkey or chicken also)
- 1 cup of chopped asparagus
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 small habanero pepper ( we like it spicy)
- 1/2 of an onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/8 cup of low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of sesame oil
- handful of peanuts
- sesame seeds
- chives, chopped
- Sauté garlic, asparagus, peppers and onions with olive oil and sesame oil in a pan on medium for about 5-7 minutes.
- In another pan, cook the beef on medium for about 5-7 minutes.
- When the meat is browning, take the veggie mix and combine it with the beef and add in your soy sauce for a few minutes until fully cooked and asparagus is soft enough to eat.
- Serve in a bowl ( you can also add rice or cauli rice ) and top with peanuts, sesame seeds and chives. If you’re daring add more spice with sriracha!
I hope you enjoy this spicy dinner! If you do not want it extra spicy, omit the habanero pepper and it will be perfect! Tag me on instagram if you make this flavorful Asian beef and asparagus stir fry. Enjoy!