Hi guys! It has been quite bit since I have posted, but I think this recipe will redeem me. Let me tell you…this is a YUMMY ONE. It may be one of my favorite recipes. It has been so gloomy and snowy and rainy in NJ and I wanted to make something comforting and warm. I LOOOOVE jalapeño poppers, my first ones I had were from Arby’s and I fell in love. Something about the warm cream cheese mixed with the jalapeno and spice. So…I have had some kielbasa in our fridge for a bit so I figured, let me try mixing the two flavors and wow, I really out did myself. This is creamy, spicy, hearty and I def nailed comforting. I won’t go on too much longer, because I am honestly just super eager to share the recipe so that you can all make it! Enjoy! It is an easy one for sure and perfect for one of these cold nights.
- 1 box of pasta, I used Banza shells, but use your fave!
- 1 package of kielbasa, I used Hillshire Farms Polska Kielbasa (you can also replace with chicken or broccoli)
- 6 jalapeños, chopped (take out the seeds)
- 4oz of cream cheese
- 3/4 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons of heavy cream
- 1/8 cup of chicken stock
- panko for the topping
- salt, pepper, red pepper flakes
- Cut up the kielbasa into bite sized pieces and saute with chopped jalapeños on medium heat in a saucepan for about 5 minutes until browned.
- In the meantime, boil your pasta. Drain your pasta and add back to the pot. Add cream cheese, cheddar cheese, chicken stock, heavy cream, salt and pepper. Mix together until creamy and cheese is melted.
- Add kielbasa and jalapeños into the pot and then pour over into a casserole dish.
- Add additional cheddar cheese, jalapeños, panko and red pepper flakes to your liking.
- Bake on 350 for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve on its own or with a veggie like broccoli! Enjoy it, it’s a yummy one!
I hope you enjoy making this recipe! Be sure to follow along on instagram for more yummy and easy recipes at jamie.devergillo. Have a great week ahead!