Tonight I recreated one of my favorite dishes, Pad Thai. I was feeling like having something a bit lighter so I subbed noodles for bean sprouts and other colorful veggies. I used “A Taste of Thai”, peanut sauce mix and coconut milk to make the flavors come to life. It is not spicy, so it works for anyone! (I added in extra red pepper to kick the spice notch up). Sooo, Mark is not a veggie guy, so he also wanted Thai and ordered Pad See Ew from our local Thai spot. Truth be told, he devoured BOTH meals. He actually loved mine, especially the peanut crunch. This was a great nutritious and light meal to enjoy on our little patio on this gorgeous Sunday night. Want to add some more carbs? Have a side of coconut white rice…YUM (def doing that next time). I hope you enjoy this recipe, let me know what you decide to pair it with!
- Thinly sliced chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces
- Taste of Thai, peanut sauce
- Taste of Thai, coconut milk
- 1 bag of bean sprouts
- 1/2 yellow onion sliced tin
- 3 large carrots, sliced thin
- 1 small zucchini, sliced thin
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced thin
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 eggs, scrambled
- peanuts, crushed
- chives, chopped
- red pepper flakes
*For a heartier meal, add white or brown coconut rice on the side, YUM.
- Prepare all your veggies by slicing them thinly and set aside.
- Simmer your coconut milk in a large saucepan on medium heat for 2 minutes and then add in your chopped chicken breasts, garlic and peanut sauce and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add all of your sliced veggies in and continue to cook all together on medium heat for about 5-7 minutes.
- While everything is cooking, in a small pan, scramble two eggs.
- Serve the veggie and chicken Pad Thai in a bowl, add the scrambled eggs, crushed peanuts, cilantro, chives, red pepper flakes and a squeeze of lime.
I hope you enjoy this flavorful Thai inspired recipe! This would be a great one to add into your weekly meals for the upcoming week. Let me know what you think and tag me on instagram if you make it, I would love to see it! Stay healthy & safe this week.