Okay guys, this recipe is so good that I just finished it two minutes ago and had to type up this recipe ASAP. I need to share this taste with others, it was a spicy & cheesy explosion of the taste buds, in the best way possible. I was craving jalapeno poppers but knew I wanted to do something a little different, so I made one of my fave foods into a quesadilla and added chicken! Aka protein, win win! I have been seeing people usethe siete almond flour tortillas and ran to Whole Foods to pick them up (oh, and some coffee ice cream since it is national ice cream day!) They are 16 grams of net carbs for two of them, if you’re counting carbs. I am trying not to count anything, but hey- I still love me a lower carb option and gluten has not really been my friend lately, so these worked perfectly! Okay, so imagine a jalapeno popper with shredded grilled chicken in a buttery and flakey yet soft tortilla shell-can you taste it yet? Yup, you need to go make one for yourself! Here is the recipe. Tag me on instagram if you make it. You will NOT be disappointed in this one!
- Siete almond flour tortillas (or any tortilla of your choice)
- 2 thinly sliced chicken breasts (baked and shredded)
- 2 fresh jalapenos (chopped)
- 4 tablespoons of cream cheese
- 1/4 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- Butter (for the pan)
- Toppings and dips: Avocado, chives, sriracha and ranch
- Take out your tortillas and smear cream cheese on the bottom half of one, covering as much as you can of it.
- Add your shredded chicken on top of the cream cheese.
- Top with chopped jalapenos, spreading evenly.
- Finally, finish with shredded cheddar cheese and place the other tortilla shell on top.
- Heat up butter in a sauce pan on medium. When hot, add one quesadilla and pan fry for about 2 minutes on each side until golden brown. Repeat.
- Add your toppings of choice! I chose avocados, chives and more jalapenos and sides of sriracha and ranch.
Now go enjoy this recipe! It is a goodie and I think I will repeating it this week again. Mark, better hurry home from work or I am about to eat his portion….Have a great week and feel free to chat with me on instagram if you have any questions or just want to say hi!