Hi all! I feel like I am on a roll this week with cooking and I am not mad about it. I have been feeling like I finally have a working, time with Mark, self-care and social media routine going and its feeling great! I was craving Banza pasta but also had some zoodles waiting to be used up, so I combined them to make a nutritious and flavorful mix which left me feeling totally satisfied. I had taken out ground Italian spicy sausage the night before to defrost and this made for the perfect combination! It is topped off with vegan cashew pesto from Trader Joe’s, sun dried tomatoes, basil, parm cheese and red pepper flakes (of course). It hit the spot tonight and we both ate our entire bowls. I hope you make this one, it took about 15 minutes tops! Enjoy!
- 1 lb of ground Italian sausage (I like the spicy one)
- 1/2 box of Banza Pasta, penne
- 2 cups of zoodles
- Olive Oil
- Sun dried tomatoes
- Parm cheese
- Salt, pepper, red pepper flakes
- Boil your water for the Banza pasta and then add it in when ready. Banza usually takes about 7-8 minutes for the perfect texture (in my opinion)
- While the pasta is boiling, sautee your ground sausage in olive oil with salt, pepper on medium-high heat until browned and completely cooked. Remove from heat.
- In the same pan, sautee zoodles for about 5 minutes until cooked.
- Combine your pasta and zoodles in the pan and then serve in your bowls. Top the bowls with the cooked sausage.
- Add the pesto, basil, sun dried tomatoes, parm cheese and red pepper flakes (Mark added some marinara sauce to his, which was yummy!)
And that’s it! This is a super easy recipe that is full of flavor and is filling but not too much, it was the perfect combination! If you make this recipe, be sure to tag me on instagram, I would love to see it. I am feeling motivated, so I will keep the recipes coming. Have a good night!