Hi all! I hope you’re having a good week so far! I have been having PB&J’s as my lunches for weeks, maybe even months now soooooo I figured I should change things up a bit! I wanted something cold, fresh and didn’t involve cooking anything, so I made these Greek Chicken Bowls with tons of fresh ingredients and flavors from Trader Joe’s. These are filling, perfect for making ahead and really hit the spot! I am already so excited for lunch today to have it again. I actually have missed meal prepping…yup I said it. To be honest, when I tried meal prepping in the first trimester, by the time lunch came I was craving something totally different or was actually a little grossed out with what I made, so that is why I was sticking to the PB&J. Now, I am able to eat more foods again and I definitely wanted to make lunches with a little more nutrients in them! These are healthy, have carbs, protein and fat and kept me energized until my 3pm snack! Okay, now let’s get into this super easy recipe. Feel free to sub anything you want here to make it yours. Mine made 3 portions, honestly I did not measure, so just wing it! Follow me on instagram for more recipes!
- Grilled chicken (I get mine pre-made from Trader Joe’s)
- 1 cup of dried couscous (this is the only thing I measured)
- Tri-colored grape tomatoes
- Sliced cucumbers
- Feta cheese, I like the block and then I cut it up!
- Greek olives
- Marinated artichokes
- Tzatziki Dip
- Italian bomba hot pepper sauce
- Olive oil, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes.
- Fresh lemon juice
- Side whole wheat pita bread
- Make the couscous as directed and fill each container with desired amount.
- Cut up everything and place it in your containers.
- Top with lemon juice, olive oil, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes.
- Serve with whole wheat pita bread (or whatever kind you like!) on the side.
- THAT IS IT. ENJOY